SUSTAINABLY INCREASE THE TRUTH CONTENT AND USE OF YOUR PROCESS AND APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION WITH A SIMULTANEOUS MASSIVE REDUCTION OF CARE EXPENSES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS (reduction > 70%)
- Eliminate the duplicate documentation in the management manual and application documentation in a structured way
- Create documentation for your users that is an accepted “single source of truth
- Create an environment in which new and existing users can enjoy self-study
…AND REDUCE THE TOTAL COST-OF-OWNERSHIP (TCO) OF YOUR APPLICATIONS PERMANENTLY!
WHAT’S BEHIND IT?
I am Christian Schütte, managing owner of sapXPerience GmbH and consultant / project manager with a 25 year track-record of SAP projects. During my projects in the last decade I have made the following observations:
- the more generations of users handle a system, the more the user’s knowledge moves to the surface, because there is no learning environment in which the knowledge is passed on at a constantly high level
- Application documentation is outdated shortly after the go-live and therefore rapidly loses acceptance among users, who then create “their own truths”, which they pass on to new colleagues together with all the errors they learn
- In the management manual, processes and functions are often maintained largely redundantly to the application documentation, so that there is no longer a single source of wisdom for this reason alone
- Application documentation is often created in a very rigid way (MS Office with hard copies of the screens) and is usually the most unpopular activity of key users.
In cooperation with two customers, we have broken this “long Gordian-looking” node and developed a procedure for streamlining the entire documentation and keeping it up to date in a simple and integrated manner with the test procedures even when changes are made, thus finally again providing the users and the company/organisation with real benefits as the only source of truth. This approach can be easily applied and implemented by all companies and organizations: “Value Increasing Documentation – Excellence in Process & Application Documentation“, A step-by-step approach to restructure your process and application documentation and establish an integrated testing, training and documentation repository
In this way, you create the basis so that user knowledge remains at a constantly high or growing level throughout the life cycle of your applications, new employees can train themselves independently at this level and the entire organization can easily switch from one system to another (i.e. R3-> S4) without being massively burdened by delta training.
HAVE A LOOK AT MY BLOG ON PROJECT MANAGEMENT WHERE I WILL TALK ABOUT THIS, SOON.